Friday, July 4, 2014

My first stop.

I left home and between all my excitement I felt sad, scare and wondering if I was doing the right thing. I forgot about it when I finally got together with my two friends who wanted to follow the same adventure of freedom.
We took the bus and had a long ride from the pacific coast of Mexico crossing all over to the north until we finally made it to the border city of Tijuana.
I was so excited to finally be there! I had the idea of Tijuana as a beautiful cosmopolitan city, where I would be able to realize all my dreams. The reality hit me so hard when I started walking around. It was ugly! It was all the opposite of what I had imagined, no pave roads, no green areas, no charm, no infrastructure at all. I was so disappointed that I felt like going back home, but then I remember what my dad said to me "You would be back in less than a month because you're not use to work for anybody and you like having a comfortable life". It wasn't even a month yet! It was only the first day so I thought that at less I had to give it a try, plus my pride was so big that I wasn't going to let my dad to tell me "I told you so".
That is how my first stop and adventure started in the challenging city of Tijuana.

No comments:

Post a Comment