Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hope and Faith.

There are many times when life puts our hope and faith into a big test, that it seems almost  impossible to be able to get out of the hole we feel like drowning. It's so hard to understand why we have to go through situations like these, even worst when we feel we don't deserve it because we always try to be a good human being. The truth is that those difficult moments are helping us to become stronger and they're taking us to something better, it means that is time for a change.
How many times do we feel unhappy with the city we live in, with our job, with our relationship, even with the way we look? and how many times do we find excuses to cover up all these issues?
Most of us are afraid to make changes in our lives, and prefer to settle for wherever we can get. Our insecurities don't let us advance and try something new.
It's not easy to go out there and start a new life, it takes a lot of courage to leave what we have and go to a new place and start all over again.
I would never forget the fist time my hope and faith were tested. I was 22 years old and living in California, after having a stable job and be able to have a good life, everything changed! I saw myself with no money, hungry, no friends, no family, I felt so lonely. My depression was so bad at the point that I wasn't able to leave my room because the moment I step out of the house, I felt like I was going to pass out and I was afraid no body would be there for me. Rebecca, who was the owner of the house I was living in, noticed I wasn't going to work. I had to tell her the way I was feeling, she gave me a hug then wrote her personal information on a piece of paper and told me to carry it with me all the time. She said to me "You're not alone, I will be there anytime you need me".
It was a tough time for me, but I was able to move on and I became stronger and learned to see the positive side of a negative experience. Now every time I go through similar situations, I know what to do and it's really up to me to stay in the same spot or to look for a solution.
Life is not unfair, it just challenges us to do better and explore new ways of finding happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment